Photographer / Journalist / Documentary Film Maker / Curator
Bachelor of Arts (Photography)
Born in Leipzig/ Germany
Study of visual communication and photography at the universities of Wuppertal
Reporter and Photographer for newspapers and magazines in North-Rhine-Westfalia.
Reporter, Photographer and Editor of different German culture and
music-magazines including MARABO, UEBERBLICK, METAL HAMMER.
First Assignment (text and photo) for STERN-Magazine: "Heavy Metal-Fans in the Ruhr-Region."
Free-Lance-Photographer and Journalist in Lisbon, Portugal. Assignments for SPIEGEL, Deutsche Presse Agentur, among others.
Solo exhibition about the City of Lisbon sponsored by German
Media-Consultant and Press Assessor for the Government of Mato-Grosso-Province in Central Brasil and Brazilian Municipal Association ABM in Brasilia.
Publications - Text and Photographs - in many European magazines and newspapers
including GEO, STERN , FOCUS, SPIEGEL, FACTS, GQ, ZEIT, SZ, FR, NZZ, ESQUIRE, VOGUE among others （see website for details)
Member of BILDERBERG-Agency, Hamburg. Participation in BILDERBERG-Project in
Australia and organizing of BILDERBERG Project in Cuba.
Executive producing, writing, filming, directing and editing for German TV-Stations:
- Gold Rush at the Amazon for Premiere
- Wonderful City Rio de Janeiro for RTL
- Occupation of the state of Mato Grosso by German Immigrants for WDR
- Drug-Police at the Bolivian-Brazilian Boarder for Pro 7
- AVON- beauty consultants at the Amazon for Pro 7
- Jungle pilots in the gold miner areas in north Brazil for Pro 7
- Visually handicapped football players in Rio de Janeiro for ZDF
- Emerald mining in central Brazil for Pro 7
- German dentists at the Xavante tribe Indian Reservation for ZDF
- The cable car in Rios Old Town for Kabel 1
- The “Boat of Justice”, a floating courtyard on the Amazon for Pro7
- German Jazz Rock legend Klaus Doldinger on Tour in Brazil for 3Sat
and many others
Study of the "Aesthetic of Documentary Film”‚ at the Cinema School in San Antonio de los Banos, Havana, Cuba.
Independent long term documentary production
Research about Ayahuasca, an ancient shamanic drug used by the indigenous
population of the Amazon region for more than 3000 years; production of 74
minute documentary about the Santo Daime cult in Brazil.
Teaching journalism and reportage photography in workshops and seminars in Brazil.
Living between Rio de Janeiro, Brazil and Beijing, China.
Developing cultural exchange projects between the two countries, realizing photo shows and
documentaries and developing an exchange program for photographers from the emerging countries of the BRICS (Brazil, Russia, India, China and South Africa), called DISTANT NEIGHBORS
- Correspondent (text and photo) in China for ZEITENSPIEGEL reportage agency, Stuttgart, Germany
- Lectures about photography and workshops at Communication University of China, Nanjing, C.U.C.N.
- Curating group exhibitions of Brazilian photography in China and Russia, and Chinese photography in Brazil
- Professor of Photography and Documentary Film at Communication University of China, Nanjing, C.U.C.N.
- Developing in cooperation with students from University Candido Mendes, Rio de Janeiro, a multi media project about Rio de Janeiro’s last garbage dump, resulting in a group exhibition at Centro Cultural da Justice Federal, June/ July 2014.
- Speaches and lectures about the DISTANT NEIGHBORS project at DE TAO MASTER ACADEMY, SHANGHAI INSTITUTE OF VISUAL ARTS, and SHANGHAI LIBRARY, China.
- Expanding the DISTANT NEIGHBORS project to Russia, India and South Africa.
Group and solo exhibitions (selected):
- FACES OF LISBON, Goethe Institutes in Lisbon, Porto, Coimbra, Portugal 1984/85
- AMAZON, Goethe Institute Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 1992
- BAIXADA EM ALTA, World Educational Forum, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil, 2007
- RIO BY NIGHT, Tops Festival Shen Yang, China, 2008
- RIO BY NIGHT, Pirenopolis Photo Festival, Brazil, 2008
- DISTANT NEIGHBORS, Ping Yao International Photo Festival, 2009